Key Topics and Speakers Revealed at the Upcoming AIDF Africa Summit 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 7, 2016 | Washington, DC
| Phone: 202-650-5345 | Fax: 202-862-9800
With the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2016 (2-3 February, UNCC, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) fast approaching, you are invited to hear from internationally recognized experts, who will deliver invaluable insight into technological innovations and best practice to improve aid delivery and development strategy in East Africa, including:
- E. Debretsion G. Michael, Minister of Communications & Information Technology, Ethiopia and H.E. Kesetebirahn Admasu, Minister of Health, Ethiopia invited as keynote speakers of the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2016
- Opening Keynote Address by H.E. Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, Chairperson of the African Union Commission
- Mobile innovations for humanitarian and development work, moderated by Christopher Hoffman, Regional Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Director of World Vision (Kenya) with participation from Dr Sharad Sapra, UNICEF and Nada El Marji, Inmarsat
- Update on UN Procurement principles and process by Beng Teoh, Consultant, Procurement Unit, United Nations Economic Commission For Africa (UNECA)
- Humanitarian logistics and supply chain challenges with participation of Rishi Ramrakha, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Eva Mwai, North Star Alliance and Anne Signe Hørstad, Transparency International Norway
- An update on child and maternal health initiatives and innovations with John Graham, Country Director of Save the Children as panel moderator and Dr Martina Fuchs, Real Medicine Foundation, Brigitte Dacosta, bioMérieux and Lena Wahlhed, HemoCue as participating speakers
- Outlook on WASH innovations and good practice by Manoj Kumar, Country Director, Ethiopia, Plan International, Dr Patrick Marcus, Kaercher FUTURETECH and Dr Samuel Godfrey, UNICEF
- Keynote speech on supporting and empowering women by Nardos Bekele-Thomas, Resident Coordinator & Representative of UNDP, United Nations Kenya
Among other topics covered at the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2016 are:
- New Financing and Electronic Payment Models
- Innovations, Partnerships, Technologies for Effective Emergency Communications
- Data & Knowledge Management and Sharing
- Safety and Training of Aid Workers
- HIV and AIDS Response in the Post-2015 Development Agenda?
- Improving Livelihoods of Displaced People
- Building & Strengthening Strategic Partnerships
There are only four weeks left and with over 250 participants already registered. Book your place now to discover new innovations and benefit from dedicated networking opportunities.
To view complete speaker list and agenda, or to register your participation, please visit http://africa.aidforum.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the AIDF Africa Summit in February!